This course addresses the unique needs of ageing Australians and those who require additional assistance.
We help Participants with the creation of individualised plans to support those who need it and provide you with the knowledge and understanding to empower the elderly and those living with a disability.
Individual Support Workers require empathy and understanding, which is why our course content includes specialised units that will help Participants use their discretion and judgement.
|Qualification Name||Certificate III in Individual Support – Home and Community Care (CHC33015)|
|Course Duration||12 Months|
|Course Delivery||Classroom Based|
|Work Placement||Participants must complete at least 120 hours|
|Course Fee||Enquire Now for more information|
What you will learn
- Providing emotional and practical support to older people and those living with a disability
- Preparing and handling food and providing meals and assistance to clients within residential facilities and within the home
- Developing and assisting clients with their individualised care plans
- Managing conditions and understand how to assist older people and those living with a disability
- Support and empower clients while addressing their unique personal needs.
- Community Care Worker
- Community House Worker
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- CHC42015 – Certificate IV in Community Services (Study with AETS)
- CHC43015 – Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services
- HLT54115 – Diploma of Nursing
Participants are required to be competent in English and will undertake a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Assessment (LLN) prior to commencing the training.
This is a nationally recognised qualification.
Participants need to complete 13 units of competency.
• 7 Core Units
• 6 Elective Units
|Core Units||Core / Elective||Description|
|CHCCCS015||Core||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS023||Core||Support independence and wellbeing|
|CHCCOM005||Core||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Core||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Core||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTAAP001||Core||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Core||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCAGE001||Elective||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCCCS011||Elective||Meet personal support needs|
|CHCCSC025||Elective||Support relationships with carers and families|
|CHCHCS001||Elective||Provide home and community support services|
|HLTAID003||Elective||Provide first aid|
|CHCPAL001||Elective||Deliver care services using a palliative approach|
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
A Unique Student Identifier (USI) is required for Participants undertaking nationally recognised training (qualifications, accredited courses, skill sets and units of competency) unless exempt.
This includes international Participants studying in Australia. If you don’t have a USI you will not receive your qualification or statement of attainment.