Community Services Qualifications
Certificate III in Community Services
This qualification will provide you with the skills and knowledge to be effective in a range of complex roles in the workplace, including:
- Working with diverse people with different social and cultural backgrounds
- Communicating and collaborating effectively with people in health or community services
- Managing personal stress at work
- Responding to client needs for additional support
- Working with people with mental health issues.
Course Duration and Delivery
The 12 month program is delivered in shorter, more manageable terms of learning.
This allows you to focus on specific sections of the program at one time.
These terms also provide the perfect ‘check point’ over the duration of the program to monitor and support your progress.
Each term, you will enjoy an innovative 360 degree learning experience.
After a program orientation session, you will engage in online group workshops and tutorials, online activities, and have access to on-demand support as required.
- Community Health Support Worker
- Youth Support Worker
- Case Support Worker
- Residential Support Worker
- Volunteer Co-ordinator
Request a free demo
Ready to take the next step? Then book a free demo session with our team. You will be able to see first-hand the type of learning activities and course materials you will enjoy as part of your course.
This is an entry-level course, and no previous skills or experience are necessary.
While there are no specific entry requirements, participants are required to take the language, literacy, and numeracy skills (LLN) assessment. It will help us understand how we can assist you in any areas where you may need help while studying with us.
Computer with access to the Internet and with the ability to conduct video interviews. Minimum specifications for your computer are:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later or Mac OS X or above
- Microsoft Office
- Up-to-date internet browser
- You may also need access to a printer and the following applications
- Adobe Acrobat reader (free download)
- Adobe Flash player (free download)
Mobile video recording device i.e., a mobile phone that can record short video at a workplace with a supervisor
You MUST provide the below before commencement of work placement:
- Police check
- Working with Vulnerable Persons (WWVP)
- Meet the Department of Health requirement which is have at least the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by mid-September 2021 for all residential aged care workers and students
*Evidence of vaccination can easily be provided by a downloadable certificate from “MyHealth” record
Total number of units = 12
- 5 core units
- 7 elective units
Funding is available for eligible participants. Complete the “Enquire Now” section below, and one of our representatives will be in touch.
Innovative 360 degree learning experience
12 Month duration. Regular intakes throughout the year
CHC32015 – Certificate III in Community Services