The Career Transition Assistance program is designed to help mature-age job seekers build their confidence and skills to become more competitive in their local labour market.
CTA is for people aged 45 years and older to increase their job readiness by identifying their transferable skills and better targeting their job search to local industries and available jobs.
The CTA program can help you to build confidence, reskill and take advantage of job opportunities in your local area. You will receive support to reskill, develop digital skills, and tailor your resume, cover letters and job applications to local employers.
About the program
Over six weeks, the Career Transition Assistance program provides practical assistance to help job seekers build confidence in their skills and experience.
It combines team-based learning and one-on-one coaching to help job seekers harness their full potential. It involves the development of a tailored career training plan of up to 25 hours per week.
The program will combine relevant non accredited modules together with nationally accredited units of competency from the Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways.
The program targets two key elements:
- Tailored Career Assistance (TCA)
- Functional Digital Literacy (FDL)
Tailored Career Assistance (TCA)
Designed to guide you through the development of your unique brand, and help you stand out from the crowd.
Participants will receive:
- Strength-based resume and cover letter writing tips
- Interview coaching
- Career coaching, including managing job rejections and addressing employability barriers
Functional Digital Literacy (FDL)
Develop your digital skills and learn to use different forms of technology to increase job prospects.
Participants will receive:
- Online training in up-to-date software programs
- Training in different technologies, including smartphones, apps and computers
- Access to JobReady Live – an online portal for job seekers to develop their own digital profile, record relevant documentation and assist with searching for employment.
“The support is just fantastic. I’m a lot more confident… It’s well worth giving it a go.”
See how Wanda improved her resume and job search skills and found a job by participating in Career Transition Assistance with AETS.
Individuals are eligible for our program if they are:
- Registered with a jobactive provider within the Adelaide and Ballarat employment region
- Aged 45 years or older
Speak to your jobactive provider to join our program or fill in the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.
Download CTA Program Factsheet
Do you want to improve your online job searching?
If you’re 45 and over and unemployed, we can help you gain new skills to improve your chances of getting a job in your local area.
Contact us for more information about Career Transition Assistance by completing the form below.